Saturday 4 January 2014

Warm up with a hot chocolate at Antica Gelateria del Corso... with your dog

Sunset from Ayia Napa harbour
I haven't spent much time in Ayia Napa. I just thought it would be too busy in the summer to enjoy a day out there with my dog. But on a recent trip with some friends who live close by there, I realised I have been missing out on some nice walks and dog-friendly cafe-bars.

We were there in December and the scenery was lovely. We walked around the small harbour, then back along the wooden path by the sea in the direction of Sandy Bay. Sage had a run around and I collected wild sea fennel that was growing on the rocks (I'm not sure when is the best time of year to collect this, but this part of Cyprus is great for sea fennel!)

There were a few people out walking, but not too many to feel like we were in the way with our dog.
Harbour at Ayia Napa
As the sun set and it got colder, we went to warm up in the Antica Gelateria del Corso Cafe-Bar. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, and had no problem with us sitting with Sage in the area of the cafe that is protected by an awning. The other customers there were also very friendly, and enjoyed playing with her!

They serve all sorts of drinks and huge range of desserts and ice creams. Their hot chocolate is especially good after a cold winters walk with your dog!

In the Antica Gelateria del Corso
Antica Gelateria del Corso
Now I'd like to go back and try out other bars and a taverna or two in the area, to see if I can find dog-friendly places before the summer crowds arrive!

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment